Office 97: Stupid paperclip won't go away!
Jack Crenshaw
2011-09-06 21:11:19 UTC
I've been using MS Office 97 since ... well, '97. But a recent HD crash
meant that I had to re-install it, and Clippy is back. I've tried to
kill him. I followed the instructions on line, and unselected Office
Assistant in the Setup. But he persists. I've checked the Setup again,
and it shows Office Assistant to be unchecked. I tried checking and
unchecking the box, but still no joy.

Can someone please help me apply the stake through his wiggly heart?

Jack
Jack Crenshaw