Merge document types?
Hans Henrik Hansen
2010-04-09 08:03:11 UTC
Is it possible to 'import' a spreadsheet into a word document -
alternatively to 'append' som 'word space' at the bottom of a spreadsheet??

(I need to add some signature lines at the bottom of my spreadsheet - but
it looks a bit 'untidy' to place them inside the cell structure).
--
Regards,
Hans
robertva
2010-04-09 22:28:33 UTC
Post by Hans Henrik Hansen
Is it possible to 'import' a spreadsheet into a word document -
alternatively to 'append' som 'word space' at the bottom of a spreadsheet??
(I need to add some signature lines at the bottom of my spreadsheet - but
it looks a bit 'untidy' to place them inside the cell structure).
Someone with the same version of Office might be able to offer specific
instructions IF you reply indicating which version you are using.

While I'm aware most people would consider it an antique, I'm still
using Office '97. On Word '97's "Insert" menu there's provision for
inserting an "Object...". The "Object Type" listing includes "Microsoft
Excel Worksheet" among a long list of Microsoft AND non-Microsoft
document types including, but not limited to, Adobe PDF, Corel Draw and
even OpenOffice Spreadsheet. Be aware that linking external documents
may involve absolute file locations that might complicate moving or
copying either of the files to other folders, other drives or other
computers.

I found the same command/pop-up in Excel '97. Excel allows the user to
merge adjacent cells which would allow the contents to span multiple
columns or the entire width of the page. Even if you don't link a word
document into a cell, Excel includes useful text formatting options like
fonts and left/center/right justification.
Hans Henrik Hansen
2010-04-11 10:48:13 UTC
Post by robertva
Post by Hans Henrik Hansen
[...]
Well, I'm using Office 2000! :)
I solved my problem by simply copying the relevent excel-cells into a new
Word document, then adding the necessary lines for signatures.

The 'cell structure' itself was lost in the transfer - but that was of minor
importance.

I have noted your information regarding Office '97 - and will see if that
works with '2000' as well, next time need arises - thanks! :)
--
Regards,
Hans