office 2003 pro
martyn dawe
2010-12-06 20:17:24 UTC
I am thinking of uninstalling office, so I can reinstall it to try to
get rid of some registry errors which mean I do not any updates,
does a uninstall get rid of Outlook calendar & contact information, or
should I back these up ?
KeesC
2010-12-06 21:01:17 UTC
Post by martyn dawe
I am thinking of uninstalling office, so I can reinstall it to try to
get rid of some registry errors which mean I do not any updates,
does a uninstall get rid of Outlook calendar & contact information, or
should I back these up ?
No, they are in Outlooks pst-file and you can open it again after reinstall.

Do you mean to say, you don't backup now? There are a dozen other ways to
loose your valuable files and you will need a backup then.

Kees.
martyn dawe
2010-12-14 10:27:25 UTC
Post by KeesC
Post by martyn dawe
I am thinking of uninstalling office, so I can reinstall it to try to
get rid of some registry errors which mean I do not any updates,
does a uninstall get rid of Outlook calendar & contact information, or
should I back these up ?
No, they are in Outlooks pst-file and you can open it again after reinstall.
Do you mean to say, you don't backup now? There are a dozen other ways to
loose your valuable files and you will need a backup then.
Kees.
no I said I was intending to reinstall, but will probably export my
files to a backup.