Works and Office
barrowhill
2011-09-22 15:48:31 UTC
Just setup a new Windows 7 (64 bit) desktop PC for friend who'd upgraded
from one
that was, according to him, approx 10 years old!

No problems with new install and having saved his pictures, documents etc
from old PC, safely copied to new one. One issue did arise when opening
some of his documents files. The files in question were .wdb extension -
Works Database. Although Office 2007 was installed , Access didn't want to
know (?). He still had the original Works CD's - Works 2!!. As I'd unused
copies of Works 9 I installed this and was able open .wdb files. These
turned out to be long name and address lists so were saved as 2007 Excel
files.

When I opened Works Task Manager it displayed not only the Works
applications but also the Office applications which I thought was neat - one
desktop Icon which could be used to open whichever application required

I installed another copy of Works 9 on my win 7 (32 bit) desktop which has
Office
2010 installed but the Works Task Manager doesn't show the Office
applications only Works. Any reason why Office shown on one and not the
other???
Hans Olo
2011-10-18 01:04:41 UTC
[...]
Just curious why you would want to have works if you already have office?